Contact Me

Kenneth Martinez
141 Thames St
Brooklyn NY 11237
(347)-267-2281
Ken.Martinez.M@gmail.com

8/13/10

Is it ok to google yourself? haha

These are some things I found myself on...Good times..
www.ny1.com (I was on tv!!)





My Banner: As shown on the video.






Unfortunately I was young and nervous during my interview, so I did not give the best explanation of my work. Basically, the project was to create a banner that was to be hung up in Times Square and also have shirts and bags created for sale. My concept was to combine the two most popular elements of urban and natural environments.. NYC is known for the subway and other public transportation...Tree's dominate the natural environment, and to merging them together would be strong in itself..So i customized the subway map using illustrator, and designed the train routes to look like a tree. "You are going to confuse a lot of new yorkers and tourist with this poster. (laughs)"-Tim Tomkins, President of Times Square Alliance.

No comments: